Rise of the Thrall Lord
He's Martan the Minion, what else is there to say?
- Martan is a down-on-his-luck archer. He was freed from the dungeons of Kai-Arborous and recruited by the Black Adders to escort the Mage Voltark from Serpents Hollow to Restenford. He was captured by the Knights of the Couch when they destroyed the Black Adder party. They later released him and then recruited him.
- He is a rough, disheveled, thin young man, probably in his early twenties. He wears forest green and always carries a bow.
- Fatalistic and self deprecating, Martan has about given up on himself. He has a sarcastic attitude, but it is usually aimed at the ironies of life and not at others.
- Martan always carries a masterwork longbow (if he doesn’t have one, he can make one); and a short sword (for use only in desperate times, which unfortunately accounts for most of his life).
- Known Abilities/Spells: none
- Known Feats/Skills: Rapid Shot; Point Blank Shot; Precise Shot; Shot on the Run; Weapon Focus – Longbow; Weapon Specialization – Longbow; Ranged Disarm; Track; Crafting – Bow/Fletcher; Survival, Knowledge – Nature;
- Languages – Common & Elvish (can neither read nor write);
- Martan recently acquired a mighty +1 flaming burst composite bow, unfortunately, he needs both Bull’s Strength and Rage to use it properly.
- Martan appears in The Road to Garrotten and [[The Fall of the Couch – Part 1|The Fall of the Couch]].